Oct 1, 2010

In 1 Year...

In 1 year from today I will be getting married!  I am so excited to marry the Love of my life that I have to share some details with you. 
Now that I am starting to plan all my DIY projects and preparing all the details I thought it would be okay if I started sharing them all with you!  I know I haven't shared a lot with you, but that's only because I wasn't sure myself!  If you remember I mentioned a bit about our colors and the look we are going for here


What girl doesn't love flowers?  Dahlias are going to be scattered through out.  They are big, colorful and make a statement.  I want the flowers to have a loose look with lots of greens and berries.  I am also blessed to have a grandma and 2 aunts who have beautiful hydrangea bushes in their yards.  We are drying the blooms from this year so we can mix those in and create some hydrangea arrangements ourselves. 

5 comments:

Brandi said...

LOVE the picture of you two. And YAY! for your one year countdown. I like your flower board. Do hydrangeas bloom this time of year? I was disappointed because I (someday) want a fall wedding but lilacs are my favorite flowers. Bummer. Happy weekend, Kirby!

Kirby Margaret said...

Thanks Brandi! Hydrangeas bloom in the summer and into september, but since we are drying them... we can have them all year long! and you can probably get lilacs in the fall... you will just have to pay more to get them.

xx kirby

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS said...

Excited for you! I love dahlias - good choice :) xo

dulci said...

awesome! these are great looking :) and congrats!

http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/

Jen said...

Awwww... I love posts like this!! Seeing two people in love is just the best thing :-) Congrats guys!