May 20, 2011

Wedding Plans: Mother of the Bride

Last weekend while my mom was visiting I made us a little appointment at Bloomingdale’s for a little personal shopping experience.  Our goal was to find a dress for my mom to wear to the wedding.  The look I had in mind was glamorous and fun.  As we get older age is a weird thing to discuss, but I would say that my mom is young and she wants to have a good time at the wedding.  At any family gathering my mom is always the first one to start dancing.  So we definitely wanted to play to her personality and not put her in an ‘old lady’ dress. 

We tried on some beautiful dresses, 3 that looks beautiful and she could have walked out of the store with, but one of those just stood out, as soon as she put it on, we all new.  Below is the dress she picked with my own selection on jewelry.  She already has shoes, but they are similar to these and she wants to have some sort of red jewelry (since red is one of my wedding colors).  So I picked some simple drop earrings from Kate Spade and a beautiful bracelet from J.Crew.  
Mother of the bride































Mother of the bride by kirbylaackmann featuring kate spade jewelry


I hope that I can make more of these boards for my bridesmaids too.  My goals is that each person in the bridal party has their own individual look, but when we are all together everything clicks. 

Any beautiful plans for the weekend?  T and I are doing some pre-wedding things and then Sunday I will be getting ready for my trip home for some family time and bridal showers, along with making some new lovelies for my etsy shop.  Did you hear that I'm going to host a giveaway once I reach 100 followers?  Well I am so tell your friends! 

7 comments:

Laura *You Stir Me* said...

oh I love her dress! I love that it's not a frumpy mother-of-the-bride dress. It's classic, sexy (can I say that about your mom's dress?) and very glam. Very glam. And after the wedding, if she thinks she'll never need a long black dress, she can have it altered to a shorter style:) The jewelry is perfect too! Nice job, ladies!

Kirby Margaret said...

ha! actually I was going to write that the dress is sexy, but I wasn't sure how people would take it. I can not wait to get family photos taken, because they will be so glamorous and beautiful!

as always you are too kind Laura!
xo
Kirby

Unknown said...

Love this look for mama. My mom and mother-in-law both looked pretty hot at our wedding, I must say! It's really fun to see moms so dressed up and excited! Have a great weekend, Kirby!

Bel said...

That is such a beautiful dress!! Very elegant :)


<3 Belly B

Kirby Margaret said...

meagan - I am so excited to see both our moms get all dolled up. they definetly deserve a little glam for one night too!

Belly B - Thanks so much! my mom loves it, and I think she'll be looking for more excuses to wear it out! ha

xo
Kirby

sherri lynn said...

This dress is beautiful! It's such a good idea to create little boards for everyone involved in the wedding.

I just found your blog and am loving it! New follower :) Which means you're closer to your 100!

http://sherrilynnpuz.blogspot.com

Kirby Margaret said...

Hey Sherri Lynn -

thanks for stopping by! I can't wait to check out your blog!

xo
Kirby