Jul 28, 2011

Bridesmaid Luncheon

 Last weekend when many of my friends were in town, I threw a picnic style luncheon for my bridesmaids!  I wanted to treat them to a yummy lunch to thank them for being there for me during all the wedding planning as well as flying to NYC for the weekend.  

It was the hottest weekend ever last weekend (I felt so bad keeping them in my apartment with my shotty AC) so we found a space in the shade in central park.  It wasn't ideal with a hot breeze that kept hitting us, but it would do.  

With some ideas from Brandi, I made tea sandwiches.  An egg salad sandwich, strawberry w/goat cheese sandwich and a pear w/cucumber and Swiss sandwich all served with a light berry side salad and home made honey balsamic dressing and fresh fruit to nibble on.  I also bought a lemonade which I added seltzer and fresh lemon slices and raspberries to for an added freshness!  For desert I had plans to make this buckle cake, but I couldn't bring myself to turn on my oven so I went for easy and oh-so-delicious cupcakes from Crumbs Bakery and kept with my fruit theme with berry berry cupcakes a blueberry and a peach cobbler cupcake!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, way to go! You totally spoiled them rotten - how sweet!!! And now I'm hungry.

Jessica said...

Everything looks so yummy! This is a great idea.

Shannon of HAPPINESS IS said...

Yay! How sweet. You can't go wrong with tea sandwiches :) xo

P.S. Did you hear about my BIG NEWS???