Dec 29, 2009




I love the idea of giving ornaments as Christmas presents. I don't know why I didn't do it this year. This Christmas I was thinking back to my Christmas's growing up and there are a few things that stick out in my mind that I remember. One of them was when we would be decorating the tree we would come to these home-made Christmas trees. My mom told me that the first couple Christmas's that her and my dad were married they didn't have much money to spend on decorations, so she made some.
Now that I'm on my own I am trying to do more things like this, not only to save some money but to also create those memories to share in the future.
I love these two home-made ornament ideas. the first is just an old childhood photo with a string or ribbon taped to the back. The second is made from felt cut into shapes of traditional ornaments, then stitch patterns to your hearts content. You can use a sewing machine or by hand using embroidery thread!
Next year is going to be a Crafty Christmas!

No comments: