This is where we live. Isn't it beautiful!
Here are some facts about our new town:
- became a town in 1901
- you can hear trains all day and all night (don't worry, it's not annoying, it's actually kinda peaceful)
- it was named "Most Beautiful Town in the USA" as judged by USA Today and Rand McNally
- Sunset magazine named Sandpoint one of the West’s best small towns
- National Geographic Adventure labeled it a great adventure town
- Outside magazine listed it among 20 dream towns
- Schweitzer ski area was founded in 1963
- Lake Pend Oreille (pond-er-ay) is the 5th deepest lake in the US and has 111.3 miles of shoreline
- Farmers Market filled with locally grown produce and hand made crafts (the potatoes are amazing!)
- Trails for hiking... I can't even count how many there are
- Molly the Moose (our regular town ambassador in the winter)
- Festival at Sandpoint (last year enjoyed the sounds of Barenaked ladies and more)
- Ben Stein and Viggo Mortensen are just a few celebs that own homes in the area
and there you have it! just a few fun facts about this beautiful place!